October 9, 2009

Lavender Sachet

I made this from a great book I recently bought......


It's a sachet filled with lavender flowers. The pattern calls for a striped fabric that you then cut into matching squares and sew together to get this diamond effect. I used some Heather Bailey fabric that I had leftover from my Buttercup Bag.


The book is The Impatient Patchworker by Jayne Emerson and I love love love it. Jayne uses gorgeous combinations of Rowan fabrics and the projects are all relatively small and quick to make. I was surprised when I found this book in the shop because it's from 2006 but I hadn't ever heard of it before.

I'm going to use my sachet to keep moths away from my yarn. I haven't had a problem with moths yet (touch wood) and I'd like to keep it that way!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sachet! I think your presentation in all your entries is sensational, too. You make sewing look like a lot of fun.
    shelagh

    ReplyDelete