September 28, 2009

The Notebook

My dear mom is celebrating a milestone birthday this week so the family got together for brunch at a nice restaurant on the weekend. Copious amounts of delicious food was eaten; plenty of meat for those so inclined, but fortunately an impressive variety of offerings this vegetarian could enjoy. And chocolate cake and profiteroles to top it all off!

My sisters and I gave my mom theatre tickets and a photo book put together on my sister's Mac. But I just had to add one little handmade thing. Couldn't help myself .....


This notebook is a project from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I really like the way it looks and it was easy to make.

My mother is expertly organized and is always keeping track of things. Heck, she even keeps track of the recipes she tries from various cookbooks and attributes a rating to each. I figured she could find a hundred uses for a little notebook.


I used a small moleskine notebook with lined pages. This is a great project for using up itty bitty fabric scraps. And there is something about the needle punching through the cardboard and producing delicate zig zag stitches which is very satisfying.

Happy birthday mom! Many happy scribbles to you!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

2 comments:

  1. Your dear mom loves the notebook. I smile every time I look at it. As far as writing in it maybe I should start with a list of all the delicious food I ate at my birthday brunch.
    Thanks so much for a delightful little book. Yet another one of your crafty wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the photography!!

    ReplyDelete