October 25, 2009

Fall (or stashing season)

We've had some rainy, cold, windy weather here and I've got handknits on the brain. I mostly concentrated on sewing during the summer but with the leaves turning, the mercury plummeting, and Christmas 62 days away, I find myself poring over patterns and hankering for hanks.

I visited The Needle Emporium in Ancaster to pick up some new yarns. The shop is like a candy store, so jam-packed with yarn I felt giddy. Once I managed to compose myself, I bought some lovely autumnal yarns.

First up, this delicate Silky Alpaca Lace by Classic Elite Yarns (70% alpaca, 30% silk).


I bought the other yarns with a purpose in mind, but this FeltedTweed by Rowan (50% merino wool, 25% alpaca, 25% viscose) was a total impulse buy. I LOVE it. I will probably make myself a nice wrap with this.


Good old Cascade 220 The Heathers (100% wool) will combine with some 220 already in my stash to become a new pair of mitts for me.


I hope to design a cowl using this super bulky Big Wool by Rowan (100% merino wool).


Bought any new yarn lately? What projects have you got lined up?

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous yarn! And I love the pictures too! :)

    I also have been stashing quite a bit lately... mostly fingering-weight yarn, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm....looks like a lot of great knitting is going to happen this fall.

    ReplyDelete