February 1, 2010

Kayla Shrug

I made this Kayla Shrug last fall and then stuffed it away in my closet because I didn't think it worked on me. It's an Americo Original pattern and I made it out of their Pima Cotton as the pattern suggests.


Turns out it looks great on my sister so I was happy to give it to her rather than have it go to waste. I couldn't bare to think that my 18+ inches of 1x1 ribbing for the top would be in vain. I hate 1x1 ribbing!

The shrug has a unique construction and, as I knit it, it took me a while to figure out how the whole thing was supposed to work on an actual body. But it does, and the cotton gives it a nice drape.


I hope my sister enjoys it. It's a frustrating aspect of knitting; you can spend hours working on something that doesn't fit you well in the end. I'm working on a new sweater now. Here's hoping!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

3 comments:

  1. she likes it! just waiting for summer warmer weather for the short sleeves. it should be great for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks beautiful! I'm glad all the ribbing didn't go to waste! I'm doing ribbing right now myself and can definitely feel your pain. It does look really nice on your sister, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you post the pattern that you used to make this? It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete