March 19, 2009

My finished pillow

I finished my tunisian crochet pillow last night. I'm pretty happy with it. Unfortunately, while it was gloriously sunny most of the day, by the time I got home from work it was cloudy so my photos didn't turn out terribly well. We have windows galore in our apartment so when the sun is shining there's a ton of light. I just couldn't wait though, I wanted to take pics of my finished object!


The needle is a 6 mm birch crochet hook from the River John Needle Company, which is based out of a Nova Scotia sheep farm.

I love the colours of the yarn (Wool Clasica, Manos del Uruguay, colourway 114) and the overall look. I thought blanket stitch edging would look nice, and it probably would have if the yarn was thick all over.


I like thick-thin yarn generally but it made the edging look uneven. If I were to do it again I would edge it in a different thick yarn, perhaps in a solid colour coordinating with one of the colours in the pillow. But I really don't want to redo it! I'm glad to be done and ready to move on to the next project!

I ordered some stitch markers from Etsy and they arrived today. They're Cat's Eye Droplets from Crimson Orchid .



I believe they're made with Tiger's-eye, a gemstone which I've just read is good for focusing the mind and helping one to recognize self resources. Perfect then to have around while knitting!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment