November 4, 2009

Lavalette - a fall shawl

I've got a new shawl for fall. It's Lavelette by Kirsten Kapur. So lovely and quick to knit too. Only took me 5 evenings (quick for me anyways).


I've been wearing it around my neck as a scarf but it would also be cozy around the shoulders while sitting and knitting.

I need to block it again, as you can see the edges are curling.


The pattern is available from Kirsten's blog, Through the Loops. It's free, but she suggests donating to Alzeimer's and dementia research (link provided on her blog) which I was happy to do.


I used Spud and Chloe Fine Sock (80% merino, 20% silk) which is squishy and springy (my two highly technical terms for describing yarn I like!).


Kirsten also designed the Mystery Socks I've been working on. I'm nearly finished and will post those soon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! The color and texture are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! Congrats on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Once again I love the presentation. Always a delight to view your work.
    Shelagh

    ReplyDelete