February 28, 2010

With the beautiful, warm, sunny weather we've been experiencing lately, spring doesn't feel far off at all. I can't wait for spring ephemerals to carpet the forest floors and spring bulbs to break through the ground in gardens.

In the meantime, I'll have to make do with my new bright and cheery pincushion.



It's the Wildflower Pincushion by Anna Maria Horner and it's a biggie (for some reason the photo on the website makes it look deceptively small). The pattern is free at the Better Homes and Gardens website but you do have to register to be able to download it. If you register, you'll get e-mails from BHG once in a while. There are quite a few useful patterns and tutorials on the website though, so might be worth it.



I used some scraps of an Anna Maria Horner Good Folks bundle that I ordered a while back. I love the colours and prints of the fabric, and I've made quite a few things out of the 6 fat quarters that came in the bundle.

I stuffed the pincushion with wool batting because that's what I had on hand, and because I love to make things using all natural fibres.



If you're interested, the buttons in the photos are a lovely little assortment I purchased from BigFish.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so cute! I love every bit of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely enchanting pin cushion. Terrific way to use up some scraps, too.
    Happy Stitching
    Shelagh

    ReplyDelete