August 14, 2009

Echino in my mailbox

Yesterday was a good day. I came home to find the fabric I ordered from Pink Panda Fabrics had arrived. I've been checking the mailbox every day this week with so much anticipation. And finally......

...my three half yards of Echino by Etsuko Furuya arrived. I love Furuya's prints. They are strange and somewhat surreal, mixing black and white animals with bold, punchy colours. Delicious!


Tigers and owls, leopards, and pigs on a hot pink background. Why pigs? Why not!


The three fabrics I ordered are all home decor weight and a blend of 85% cotton and 15% linen. I don't know what I'm going to make with them but it will have to be something that will justify cutting up these prints!

Pink Panda is a Canadian online fabric shop based near Toronto. In addition to my order, they also sent me a fair sized free fabric sample in the print below. I think it might be Anna Maria Horner?


I cannot wait to get through work today so I can start sewing!

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg! Delicious

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What amazing fabric! You must be really excited to use it. The 'echino' print is totally wild in so many ways.
    shelagh

    ReplyDelete